At the Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools, we are committed to getting kids to school, happy, healthy, and ready to learn. join us in creating opportunities to cultivate and inspire student success in Vancouver Public Schools.
Click on the link below the Position Title for a printable job description, and summary of duties and qualifications. To apply for one of our open employment opportunities, please email a cover letter, résumé and three professional references in a PDF document, with the job title in the subject line to WenLyn Richter at WenLyn.Richter@vansd.org.
The Communications and Events Specialist works with the Marketing and Development team in the production of content for strategic initiatives, community relations, and events. They will develop and implement communications that engage donors, inform the community, and report on the impact of Foundation funded initiatives. They will also be the primary project manager for events relating to fundraising, donor cultivation, and board and task force meetings.
This is a part-time position, 24 hours a week. Willing to consider flexible schedule. Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as necessary to manage events and activities, preferred.
• Support the marketing and development team through the creation and delivery of print and digital media content for events, campaigns, and strategic initiatives
• Create or oversee the production of copy for press releases, social media, web, e-newsletters, talking points, stakeholder reports, and other publications, collaborating with colleagues to integrate messaging across campaigns
• Coordinate the production of collateral materials, utilizing graphic design capabilities, or working with the graphic design team, to develop content that meets project specifications
• Create and organize template resources that can be utilized across initiatives, such as messaging, thank you letters, testimonials, graphics, documents, videos, etc.
• Create, monitor, and evaluate online campaigns including: social media, email campaigns, and online donation platforms
• Coordinate and execute all email campaigns including the production of a quarterly e-newsletter
• Work with the development assistant to manage marketing and development lists; organizing contact records to maximize distribution and engagement
• Work with marketing and development staff to establish event schedules, timelines and priorities
•Project-manage assigned events and coordinate event logistics including site selection, contract negotiation, catering, site set-up, volunteer management, and post-event details
•Manage attendee lists and communication throughout all phases of event production
• Provide occasional marketing support for community hosted events benefiting the Foundation for VPS
•Transport, lift and move event-related supplies and equipment to various event locations and work within a potentially tight time frame to set up event
• Work collaboratively with all staff and contractors to coordinate and execute tasks aligned with the Foundation for VPS strategic plan
•BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working collaboratively with staff and other team members
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Able to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive or proprietary information, and exercise discretion
• 2-4 years of experience in marketing, communications, copywriting, media or public relations
•Experience in planning events
•Experience designing and creating content for email communications and social media
• Graphic design skills and a basic comfort level with various applications in the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Experience with email marketing platforms, such as MailChimp and/or SalesForce Marketing Cloud a plus
•Experience using a web content editor such as Wordpress
• $20 – $25/ hour, based on qualifications
• Retirement plan with 3% company matching
• WA Sick leave & Paid Medical & Family Leave
For consideration, please send the following to WenLyn Richter at email@example.com:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
• A writing sample and an example of graphics/layout design. During the interview phase candidates may be asked to provide additional work samples.
The Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools is an independent, 501(c)3 educational non-profit corporation established in 1988 to support Vancouver Public Schools (VPS).
We work to create opportunities to cultivate and inspire student success so that all students are prepared, confident and excited to learn.