At the Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools, we are committed to getting kids to school, happy, healthy, and ready to learn. join us in creating opportunities to cultivate and inspire student success in Vancouver Public Schools.
Click on the link below the Position Title for a printable job description, and summary of duties and qualifications. To apply for one of our open employment opportunities, please email a cover letter, résumé and three professional references to WenLyn Richter at WenLyn.Richter@vansd.org.
The Development Coordinator for Events and Marketing will serve as the primary project manager for events relating to fundraising, including the spring Annual Luncheon and donor cultivation events. They will also serve as the point of contact for external events benefiting the Foundation for VPS. Additionally, they will support the Marketing and Development Manager to develop and deliver event related marketing and communications and provide support for annual fundraising campaigns.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours a week. Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as necessary for on-site event management.
• Project-manage assigned events and coordinate event logistics including site selection, contracts, catering, site set-up, volunteer management, and post-event details
• Manage invitation and RSVP lists and delivery of communication throughout all phases of event production
• Work with individuals/organizations hosting events to benefit the Foundation for VPS, promoting the event and providing support as needed
• Support the marketing and development team through the creation and delivery of promotional content for events, campaigns, and strategic initiatives
• Transport, lift and move event-related supplies and equipment to event location
• Work collaboratively with all staff and contractors to coordinate and execute tasks aligned with the Foundation for VPS strategic plan
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working collaboratively with staff and other team members
•Must have access to a vehicle and be able to attend meetings in various locations around Clark County
•Professional, discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality.
• $18 – $22/ hour, based on qualifications
• Retirement plan with 3% company matching
• WA Sick leave & Paid Medical & Family Leave
For consideration, please send the following to WenLyn Richter at email@example.com:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
The Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools is an independent, 501(c)3 educational non-profit corporation established in 1988 to support Vancouver Public Schools (VPS).
We work to create opportunities to cultivate and inspire student success so that all students are prepared, confident and excited to learn.